Sunday, October 17, 2010

NYX Jumbo Pencils- My Thoughts

I've been using NYX Jumbo Pencils for about 8- 10 months now. I think they are decent for what I use them for.

Pros:

  • can use alone or in conjunction with eyeshadow
  • can make some eye shadows stand out more if used as a base
  • glides on with ease
  • tons of colors to choose from
  • great price



Cons:
  • can crease if you apply a lot on
  • can be greasy on lid if no eye primer is applied
  • no store close to me sells NYX products (I've read you can buy them at Ulta, not sure though)


These are the colors I personally own myself. I purchased these earlier this year when NYXcosmetics.com was having a huge blowout sale on their eye shadows and pigments. These are cheaper via Amazon though with better customer service and much faster shipping.

Honestly, the only one I use over and over again and would repurchase is Milk. I could do without the others. I use Milk as a base color under some of my lighter shadows to make them pop more, but I have to apply a good shadow primer first prior to using Milk. It's a grease stick, I won't lie. They are all grease sticks for me. If you have oily lids, stay clear from this product. Your eye shadow would be sliding down your cheek by the end of the day. With that said, I do have oily lids myself, but I have experimented with NYX Jumbo Pencils enough to have them work for me. That is if I am only going out for a short period of time. Otherwise, I don't bother. I use the slightest amount, but enough to make a difference. It's not going to be the same for everyone. Just gotta see what works best for yourself. 

What I do is put a little on a clean finger and lightly glide and tap it on. If you load this product on your lid, it will set into wrinkles, if you have any, and will crease. These are well pigmented so it's not like you need to put on a lot anyway. Blending is not a problem as they do blend well. Again, cause this product tends to be on the greasier side, it is best to set it with a powder for longevity. 

I really, really wanted to love this product after watching the countless YouTube beauty guru videos using them, but I can't. Like I said before I would only purchase the Milk one again for the reason stated above. If you can get your hands on one of these, try it. You might like it. They aren't terrible, they just aren't great.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard so many good things about them but I have really oily skin too. I've looked on Ultas website but can never find them there, and I don't purchase products online, nor do I have an Ulta near me. Nice review, I hope to try them in the near future.

    ReplyDelete