Wednesday, October 13, 2010

In the Beginning

So, blogging has been around for what, years and years and here, in late 2010, I actually decide to start one. Yes, I am a late bloomer, but bloomed I have (in more ways than one, but anyways....).

I did have a MySpace page way back when it was popular, but now it lives in the memory of cache. I believe I deleted it earlier this year only to regret it later. Why? Because I failed to copy some of the blogs that I did post that actually had meaning. One, being the memorial post to my beloved father and two, my Sims 2: Seasons review. Pfft...a video game review...what? Everyone has one of those, right? Yeah well many people do, but that review was or rather still is special to me because that video game, expansion pack (xp) to be exact, gave me the opportunity of a lifetime. I was chosen to view the xp prior to release at the EA Games Redwood City, CA campus. For once I was envied by many people and felt important. I've never had that and it felt good. It's was better than winning the Power Ball or Mega Millions. Any  idiot can win the lotto, but aren't "chosen" to have an all expense paid trip to San Fransisco, CA to view a video game. I know, I'm a dork and proud to be one. Well, like all good things, MySpace came to an end for me. Life started becoming too real and I had moved on to better social networks. Adios MySpace! Hello Facebook!

I wouldn't necessarily call Facebook a better social network. I should say it's more of an adult like social network. OMG...ick that sounds wrong. Hmm...umm..not adult like XXX adult, hehe. Adult like more grown up....mature, that's the word I was looking for. Although MySpace has it's good points, Facebook is the new "it"  fad. (Eeew, do people still use the word "fad"? It sounds so '80's. God I'm old, LOL!) I had actually had a Facebook page during my MySpace years, but I never used it and it wasn't as "cool" to have one back then. The upside to having Facebook- it reconnected me with friends from the past and my family that I dearly miss. It gives me the chance to be in their everyday life without being there. The down side to Facebook, they keep changing their stupid navigation system and their privacy shit. Stop touching them Facebook! Every other month I am having to go back and make sure my privacy settings are where they should be. It's a pain and very unnecessary thing to do. But Facebook insists they have to please their users and fuck things up over and over again. Will Facebook last? For now. In the mean time, Twitter, wanna connect me with the rest of the world?

Like blogging, I joined Twitter well after it started. I still don't use it often nor do I have many followers. I am sure that is one of the main reasons I don't use it but also due to the fact that I already connect with the people I want to connect with via Facebook. So, what does Twitter have to offer me? Recently, I decided to watch Twitter and see the tweets scroll down. I saw what I was missing. I was missing opportunities to win free stuff, chat live with internet celebs, etc.  I joined my first live chat room last Friday as we, the interwebs, watched a Massively.com employee play Aion, a MMO. It was fun and interesting to see what went on during this live event. I can see me using Twitter more often now. Maybe not so much to communicate with others, but to allow others to show me their world at that moment. It's like a news feed of pointless, but interesting shit. I like it. Maybe one day I will have followers that want to read my pointless shit as it happens. We will see.

1 comment:

  1. I like to read your pointless shit, cept I don't think it's pointless. Is it just me or does that sound mooshy and all lovey-dovey, LOL!! Ah well, I still follow you and "read your pointless shit as it happens."

    ReplyDelete