Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chick Flicks for my Valentine's Day Weekend

 

I am not one to get pulled too much into the over hyped holiday we call Valentine's Day. My fiancé knows how much I love him. I tell him and show him every day. I don't need one day out of the year to express my love for him. Nor do I expect something special from him. There is only one thing I expect from him though and that is to watch the flood of chick flicks that take over the television stations prior to and on Valentine's Day with me. Oh, there's nothing better than a good chick flick to remind you how love can be even if it is superficial in the movies.


I love a good Jane Austen story. She knew how write with depth. This particular version of Pride and Prejudice is BBC made and in my opinion, the best one. It's not glamorized Hollywood style. It feels more real due to the true settings of where the story takes place. The simplicity of everything allows the story to tell it's tale. I love the struggle shown that Elizabeth Bennett goes through and Mr. Darcy. This is true love.
Another Jane Austen story. This was the first Jane Austen story I fell in love with. I love how this story shows two views of love. One being shy and reserved while the other being firey and filled with passion. You could feel both loves and struggles the sisters went through.
Even though this story isn't all true of Jan Austen's life, there are facts that are and gives you a glimpse of how she created her characters for her many novels. Plus, Anne Hathaway is in it and I love her. She is an awesome actress. Anyway, this is a lovely story any Jane Austen fan needs to see.
Based on the life of Georgiana Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire, ancestor to Princess Diana. The struggles the Duchess went through in her loveless marriage, the passion of her love affair, this story makes you feel it all. Such a strong woman, especially in her time, yet such a sad life. It seems to echo down the family line.
Based on the life of Queen Victoria and how she came into power and the true love she had with the man that made her whole, Price Albert. It's such a short movie, but I loved every bit of it. Plus, I think Emily Blunt is a wonderful actress.
The first Koren romance movie I have seen and I absolutely love it. When watching this film be prepared and have a FULL tissue box near by cause this movie really gets the tears rolling. Love triangles, death of a loved one, renewed love, memories, etc. They really know how to make a girl cry. I hate subtitle movies, but hell, when they are this good, who cares.

From this point on, I am just going to link/list the movies. These are just the feel good Romantic Comedies. I am sure I could go on and on. These are the only ones I could think of at the moment. Do you have any recommendations? What are some of your favorites?

                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment