Sunday, March 13, 2011

Everything Happens for a Reason

I was originally going to make a post about "10 Things I Believe In" similar to what a blogger and friend of mine, The Princess and the Parolee, did but I got hung up on the first subject of what I believed in and wanted to continue talking about it. It's an American Proverb I feel strongly about- Everything happens for a reason. I know in many situations, it's the last thing you want to hear. It certainly doesn't help heal things at that time or any time later, but it is something to take into consideration some day.

I choose the oddest times to reflect on my life or others that are in my life whether it be when I am looking myself in the mirror putting makeup on or driving down the road. It's usually when I am at the most peace. The other day, I was getting ready for work, just doing my daily routine and I found my mind wandering, thinking, reflecting. I don't know why it came about but it did. I was thinking about my aunt. You see, she had a very, very turbulent relationship with a boyfriend of hers eons ago. It was abusive every way possible- verbal, physical, you name it and it went both ways. Either way, it was very unhealthy. My aunt finally over came the relationship, found peace and was given God's greatest gift, a child. Was the reckless relationship a test to prepare her of what was to come? Was it to teach her balance and prepare her for motherhood? I know, what a strange way to see if you are ready for a child, but she was a single parent a good bit of time and balancing her life and emotions to ensure her child a decent living was needed. She did well.

Shortly after, I found myself wandering again, but this time, I was thinking about my own life. When people ask me, "If you could go back in time, where would you go?" That is simple. I would go back to when I was born and start my life all over. It's not because I regret my life, it's because it would give me a chance to spend time with my parents all over again. I miss them greatly and spending time with them again is my only wish. Of course this leads to a point that "everything happens for a reason." I know God can't grant me my wish and it is certainly not my time yet, but I do believe he has given me an opportunity. I currently live with my boyfriend and his parents. Living with his parents is not by choice, it's just an in between thing for now since Cameron was given a decent job where they live. So, we up and left our apartment and moved into their house temporarily until we find our own. Even though I don't spend all my time with them since my work schedule is total opposite of theirs, I still have the moments when I can converse with them and just know they are there. The comfort of having parents in my life again.

When you sit back and reflect on your life, do you think that "yes, everything happens for a reason?" Do you believe that these "tests" in life are what makes you stronger and shape who you are? Even though the above examples are a couple of life reflections, I can sit back and think of many occurrence's in my life and decipher the reasoning behind them. Some of which I know the answer to, some of which I may never know and leave me wondering. What I do know is, these moments, tests, lessons, that I am sure of, I learn from and they stay with me. I will admit that sometimes I make the same mistake over, but what can I say, I am only human.




Although I am not sure I truly believe "everything" happens for a reason since it does leave little to no room for chance. I do believe there is room for both in everyones life because "Anything is Possible."

1 comment:

  1. I think it's fantastic that you made an entire post about one of the 10 things. I too believe that everything happens for a reason, no matter how horrible they make you feel at the time. I know living with my parents, for those 7 months, was probably the last thing that I wanted to do but I appreciate so much more now. I appreciate a clean floor and a nice smelling home. I know, that sounds bad, but you've never lived with my parents.

    ReplyDelete