Friday, January 28, 2011

In Search For the Perfect Eyeliner

MUF Travel Size Waterproof Eye Make-up Remover
and Aqua Eyes Pencil in Black




My eyes hate makeup, they especially hate eyeliner. They tend to tear up knowing anything is going near them. It's always been like that no matter how gentle or how little eye make up I put on them. Due to the constant tearing, it makes it hard for my eyeliner to stay. So, since many "guru's" on YouTube recommended this product, I thought I would give it a go. I wanted to try their eye makeup remover also so I opted for the travel size available via Sephora.com.

Let me start of with the Sens'Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser. I know in the past I raved about Estee Lauder Eye Makeup remover being the best eye makeup remover I had ever tried. Well this beats it hands down. The gel/lotion like consistency is very soothing to the eye and it took off my waterproof mascera effortlessly. No burning, no stinging, no oily residue to have to put up with. I LOVE IT! That's all I can say. I will be repurchasing this in full size in the near future.

Now for the eyeliner. Make Up Forever claims in the description that this Aqua Eyeliner is waterproof, smudge proof, and fade proof. My first test to see how waterproof this was- I washed my face and prepared it as if I was going to apply my makeup, but I only applied the eyeliner. After I let it set for about a few minutes, I hopped into the shower and washed everything except my face. After I dried off, I looked into the mirror and was thoroughly disappointed. I looked like a raccoon. The intensity of the color was good so in a sense it is waterproof, but staying put it does not. A few days later, I tested this on my waterline and sadly it disappeared a few hours later. It even disappeared around the outer conner of my eye where it tears the most. In the end, I do have to say, this is the most pigmented eye pencil I have used and it did last on my upper eyelid, but I can get similar results with cheaper eye pencils.

So, my search for the perfect eyeliner continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment