Saturday, November 13, 2010

Smooth As Silk

L: Smashbox Photo Finish C: Smashbox Photo finish Color Correcting R: 24.7 Anti-aging Mineral Foundation Primer

Applying foundation primer is a step many people skip due to either they don't think it changes anything or just don't know anything about them. I was one of them that had no clue about foundation primers until I received a sample of Smashbox Photo Finish.


Smashbox  Photo Finish claims to "create a perfect canvas for foundation" by reducing "the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety-smooth finish." It also claims to "increase longevity" of foundation.


After I moisturized my face, I applied a small amount of Photo Finish to one side of my face so I could compare the difference. At first I thought the formula to be oily feeling but decided in the end it was more of a silky texture than oily. I honestly did not feel as if Photo Finish made my skin flawless nor has it increase the longevity of my foundation during later trials. On the plus side, I no longer felt the cakiness or the heaviness of foundation on my face. It was amazing. No matter how much foundation and make up I applied to my face, I couldn't feel it and I felt for once my face could breathe with the multiple layers of make up on. For this reason, that is why Smashbox Photo Finish has remained as a must have in my makeup routine.


A few years later, I was in a Sephora buying a replacement bottle of Smashbox Photo Finish when a rude sales associate, don't even get me started on how incompetent I think Sephora associates are in my area, recommended Smashbox Photo Finish Correcting Foundation Primer in the color green for me. Green being the color to counter act redness on the face. I kindly told her "no thank you," but with my eyes "to piss off." Later on when I got home, I researched up on the product and thought I would give it a try. Who knows, I thought maybe I could skip a step with the green concealer. Once the product arrived, I was eager to give it a go. Again, I applied a small amount to one side of my face to compare and contrast. Oh my god, what crap! The formula consistency was oily and not silky, it had a tendency to gunk up, and it did not help color correct the redness. What a POS product. Sadly, I am still a dissatisfied owner of this product because my dumb ass keeps forgetting to return it for something else. Fail on my part.


As for the 24.7 Anti-aging Mineral Foundation Primer, I had tried it once upon a time when I ran out of Smashbox Photo Finish and thought I would give another company a try. This of course being a drug store buy. I have nothing against drug store products. They can be just as good or even better than a high end product. Also, it having anti-aging agents in it made it more appealing to me since I am in the age group that should start thinking about slowing the process. Let me just say this is the worst buy for me in years. I felt as if I was putting vegetable oil all over my face, it had a horrid smell to it, and I felt every bit of make up I was applying to my face. I can't believe a product like this is even on the market.


Anyway, my ratings for these three products. Five stars ***** being excellent and zero being poor.











*** (3 stars)























* (1 star)



















0 (zero stars)














***As always, product results may vary from person to person. These are just my opinions and experiences with these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment