Monday, November 1, 2010

Eyes Wide Open

Eyelash curlers are meant to give your lashes a lift and make your eyes more opened and brighter. Sadly, all I get from most curlers are pinches to a delicate eyelid. Am I doing it wrong? Most would say so. The fact is, I am Asian and most Asian eyes are not like everyone else. My eyes are more almond shape. Most curlers are made for the common round eye.

Many will tell you metal eyelash curlers are better than the plastic ones. They maybe right, but for my eyes, plastic is better and a more comfortable fit. Afters years of searching, I had found the perfect curler for me. In the photo to the left is a plastic Sonia Kashuk travel eyelash curler and a Shu Uemura metal eyelash curler. I have been using the Sonia Kashuk curler for a year and a half and have yet to be pinched. This eyelash curler gives my hard to curl lashes the needed lift without any difficulties. I love it and would be lost without it.

For the Shu Uemura metal lash curler, it was made for the Asian eye in mind. I bought it after reading several reviews of Asian users stating that it doesn't pinch their eyes at all. Well, it's an okay curler. I still get pinched here and there, but I have it and still use it from time to time. I only use this one if I feel my lashes need more of a lift. So, I would take the hair dryer out and heat it up a bit before applying. If I lost this curler though, I wouldn't be heart broken just because I will always forever love my plastic Sonia Kashuk travel eye lash curler.

Still to try out......a heated eyelash curler. It kinda freaks me out though. Heated objects near eye = a scary thought.




2 comments:

  1. Love your blog~! Thanks! Also wanted to mention the Hot Lashes 2 pc heated lash curler. The best I have ever tried and I have tried alot. It uses a curler like the SHU one and comes with its won pink heater base thingy to warm the pad in the curler.
    makes my straight lashes super curly till the next day..I read reviews on Amazon.com and got mine on their site HotLashes..
    Love love love, major Rave/// you might want to do a review of that one..
    hth..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased my eyelash curler at Wal-Mart. If I'm not mistaken, it's by L'Oreal. Yea, pretty cheap. For the frist couple months of use, I did pinch myself, every time I used it. Now though, I've gotten pretty good at it and don't pinch myself much. I can't say I never do because that would be a lie.

    ReplyDelete